.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Free AOL anti-virus - down the pan

I've been using AOL "Active Virus Shield" for the last few months, and have been a happy bunny as under the branding it's actually Kaspersky, which rates tops in tests of AV software.

However AOL have just mailed me announcing that they're discontinuing the Kaspersky product and replacing it with one based on McAfee. I have two problems with this. First, I like my software to be stable and not need baby-sitting - I certainly don't want software I have to entirely replace whenever the supplier feels like it (I've been using Microsoft XP since 2002). OK, I guess I was expecting a bit much with free software from AOL, but all the same it's pretty obvious that they tender for their AV supplier every so often and that's no use to me.

Second, McAfee is a piece of crap. I'm not having that on my system!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Comments:
keep pax 'm
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?