.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Facebook news feeds uproar

There has been a huge backlash within Facebook against the new feeds features, and there's a lot to be learnt.

First, many people are swamped with lists of actions from people they hardly (or don't at all) know - the result of adding as many people as possible. I only list my *real* friends, so all the info I see in my feed is interesting to me.

Second, a lot of people didn't realise how much info they'd put out there, and how many could see it due to adding friends with abandon, until they started seeing what kind of information was coming from other people in their friends network is appearing in their feed. The fact that nothing is visible in the feeds that couldn't be seen by people visiting their profile directly is beginning to sink in.

I think a lot of people are going to quickly start finding the "My Privacy" page and adjusting the settings...

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Comments:
Do you agree with Michael Arrington that students will eventually come around to Facebook News Feed?
 
I believe they will - it's something you see time and again, people react badly to major changes (fear of the unknown), and then come to apprieciate the benefits.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?