.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, June 26, 2006

Flickr and YouTube's communities

I've been spending some time browsing YouTube today. One thing really stood out for me: the quality of the comments on YouTube are much lower than on Flickr, full of silly comments and text speak. It seems that the YouTube community isn't quite as "grown-up" as Flickr's, probably reflecting the nature of the media. Much of the commentary on Flickr revolves around high-quality photography, but there doesn't seem to be a video equivalent - most vidoes are recordings of pretty mundane things or "mash-ups" with little artistic value.

YouTube is technically a very good site and if I were looking for a video host, I'd almost certainly use it. I just prefer the medium of the still image to the moving one.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?