.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, April 24, 2006

Why I'm not going to use web-based office applications




Imagine if I had a deadline tomorrow?

Data needs to be portable, not applications. Microsoft Office is very good - no other suite comes close for usability, and these web offerings are a joke in comparison. Almost every computer in the world runs some version of Office, so as long as my data is accessible, I'm sorted.

If there's ever a product that works as well as Office but can run cross-platform on any browser, then sure I'll use it.

All that said, the likes of Writely, Zoho etc. are definitely early steps on the evolutionary path towards such applications. They're just a long way short yet.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Comments:
i have that problem with spam in my inbox, god knows where they all come from.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?